These articles might answer your enquiry…

Search the knowledge area

How do I arrange a temporary road closure for a public event?

Your local district or borough council has the authority to arrange temporary road closures for community events and celebrations, e.g. parades, processions and street parties.  These closures cannot be used for road works or events where the main aim is to make a profit, e.g. farmer's markets. For information, please contact your district or borough council.

How do I apply to organise a community event?

Please contact your district and borough council to organise a community event.

Can I hire or borrow traffic cones, barriers or signs for an event?

We are able to lend a range of traffic cones, barriers and signs for a variety of events, e.g. village fetes, marathons and street parties.  Items can be requested by emailing our Customer Contact Centre. The service is free, but we do ask that you complete a disclaimer in case of any damage or loss.

We have limited stock of these items and therefore use a first come, first serve approach. In order to provide a fair service, we can only loan these items for a maximum of 7 days.  The items will need to be collected from our Ringmer, Heathfield or Sidley depot and returned to the same depot. 

Community Events report »