A271 Upper Horsebridge, Hailsham - Essential Gas Works
What works are taking place?
Essential replacement of old metal gas mains with new plastic pipes. This is a safety-critical project that needs to be carried out to ensure the local community continues to receive a safe and reliable gas supply.
Location: From the junction London Road to 100 Upper Horsebridge
When will these works start?
Monday 11th January 2021 and will continue until 14th March 2021
Traffic signals – manually controlled between the hours of 07:00 – 19:00 Monday to Saturday
Programme of works:
• w/c 11th Jan. Set-up 3way lights j/w London Rd and set-up compound, excavate camera holes and camera first section of main.
• w/c 18th Jan. Excavate connection / service holes and live insert main.
• w/c 25th Jan. Relay services and reinstate 1st phase.
• w/c 1st Feb. Set-up two way lights, excavate camera holes and camera second section of main.
• w/c 8th Feb Excavate connection / service holes and live insert main.
• w/c 15th Feb relay services and reinstate.
• w/c 22nd Feb set-up 2way lights and pedestrian crossing system. Excavate camera holes and camera third section of main.
• w/c 1st March relay services and dead insert (winch)
• w/c 8th March reinstate and excavate in footway to abandon final section of main. Clear site by 14th March