Friday 15th February 2019 for 6 weeks
We will be changing the existing ‘zebra’ crossing to a ‘push-button’ signalised crossing to improve access for pedestrians.
Work will start on Friday 15th February 2019 and continue for 6 weeks. Some weekend working may be required.
Works will include:
• Installation of new signals columns.
• Installation of new lighting columns on both approaches to the crossing to ensure lighting levels meet current standards.
• Improve footway access to the kerbs and footway.
• Reduce street furniture around crossing due to the introduction of dual infrastructure lighting columns.
• Resurfacing at the crossing to improve the surface for vehicles stopping at the crossing.
Temporary four-way traffic lights will be in operation for the majority of the works.
There will also be a night road closure in place for 3 nights for carriageway resurfacing and antiskid. A suitable diversion route will be signed.
A temporary crossing will be in place for the duration of the works.