9-11 September 2019
the first phase of the planned improvement works to the zebra crossings on Victoria Drive by the junctions with Green Street and Eldon Road have been completed. The second phase of works will commence on the evening of the 9th September and will involve:
• New surfacing on the approach to the crossings along Victoria Drive
• Installation of new carriageway lining on the approach to the zebra crossings along Victoria Drive
• Refreshing of zebra crossing markings
These works will take place over three consecutive nights starting at 20:00. Every effort will be made to minimise noise with the louder elements of work taking place before 23:00. The work is being carried out over night as Victoria Drive will have to be closed between the junction with Central Avenue southwards to the junction with Green Street. If you live on Victoria Drive between the two closure points, please use The Crescent and speak to staff on site to access your property.
The following additional closures are required to facilitate the works. Please note that these closures are at the junctions only:
• Milton Road will be closed at the junction with Victoria Drive
• Green Street and Beechy Avenue junctions will be closed
• Eldon Road, Wessex Place & Central Avenue will be closed at their junctions with Victoria Drive
All roads will be reopened from 06:00 am. We ask that you make every effort to avoid these junctions and follow diversion signage. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
Bus stops within the road closures will be suspended for the duration of the works. Please contact Stagecoach for further information.